Job Opportunities at Tanganyika Law Society
Tanganyika Law Society (TLS) is a statutory professional organization established by an Act of Parliament – the Tanganyika Law Society Ordinance of 1954. Currently TLS is governed by the Tanganyika Law Society Act, Cap 307 as amended.
The statutory mandate of TLS includes;
- to maintain and improve the standards of conduct and learning of the legal profession in Tanzania;
- to facilitate the acquisition of legal knowledge by members of the legal profession and others;
- to assist the Government and the Courts in all matters affecting legislation, and the administration and practice of the law in Tanzania;
- to represent, protect and assist members of the legal profession in Tanzania as regards conditions of practice and otherwise;
- to protect and assist the public in Tanzania in all matters touching, ancillary or incidental to the law;
- to acquire, hold, develop or dispose of properties of all kinds, whether movable or immovable, and to derive capital or income from them, for all or any of the foregoing objects;
- to raise or borrow money for all or any of the foregoing objects in any manner and upon any security which may from time to time be determined by the Society;
- to invest and deal with moneys of the Society not immediately required in any manner which may from time to time be determined by the Society;
- to do all other things which are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the foregoing objects or any of them.
Given the nature of TLS mandate, it is essential that its workforce has the right mix of skills and qualities to be able to fulfil its statutory duties. In this regard, we are now recruiting qualified candidates in multiple openings to join TLS Secretariat. The positions are;
- Programme Officer – Investment and Resource Mobilization
- Programme Officer – Research and Publications
- Communications Officer
- IT and Innovations Officer
- Assistant Accountant – Accounts Payable
How to Apply
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Director, Tanganyika Law Society, P.O. Box 2148, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN JUNE 19, 2023