HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER VACANCY
Tanganyika Law Society (TLS) is a Bar Association of Tanzania Mainland, founded in 1954, by the Act of Parliament – the Tanganyika Law Society Act, Chapter 344 of the Laws. In an effort to strengthen its performance and activities at the head office and chapter offices, TLS intends to recruit Human Resource Officer.
About the Job
The position will provide guidance, advice, and general Human Resources (HR) support for TLS offices based in TLS HQ Dar es Salaam. Overseeing all elements of the employee lifecycle for TLS staff, the role will provide services directly to ensure recruitment, inductions, contracting, performance management and HR policies and processes are in place and complied with.
- Degree or masters in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- 5 or more years of Experience
- Strong experience working in a generalist HR position.
- Knowledge of employment laws in Tanzania
- Strong clear and concise communication skills.
- Must be approachable, friendly and open minded about different cultures and ways of working and have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use own initiative, work independently, be able to multi-task and deliver on time.
- Must have good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English, other languages skills desirable. Strong IT skills, word, outlook and excel skills essential.
HR Information Management
- Ensure all TLS policies, procedure and forms are complied with and consistently used. Where necessary, updated regularly in line with labour laws.
- Ensure that any policies that are applicable are complied with.
- Maintain and update file and electronic personnel files, including payroll information, ensuring confidentiality and compliance with data protection regulations.
- Maintain copies of all staff payslips and contracts and respond to requests for information for Auditing.
- Provide HR management information for TLS Management requested.
- Review and grade job descriptions in line with TLS’s position evaluation process to ensure organization consistency.
- Manage the recruitment process including advertising, shortlisting, interviewing, and job offer, ensuring all necessary laws and policies complied with.
- Responsible of the exit procedure when staff leave TLS – (exit interview, handover notes, insurance, etc.)
- Support and enable the roll out of TLS systems and processes, such as appraisals, training, and feedback surveys.
- Identify training needs and opportunities for addressing learning and development needs, providing inhouse HR training including succession planning.
- Provide support and assistance to managers in dealing effectively with all HR management.
- Support Management with any employee relations or grievances that may arise
Interested candidates should send their letter of application (address to Executive Director) together with the CV and copies of academic certificate by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TANGANYIKA LAW SOCIETY
PO BOX 2148;
Closing date for submission: 12th May, 2023
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted