the training opportunity below for young lawyers interested in public interest litigation:
The Center for Strategic Litigation runs a training programme titled The East Africa Emerging Public Interest Advocates Programme. This programme empowers young advocates through rigorous skills-based training and practical experience in public interest litigation. The goal of the programme is to build the next generation of public interest advocates in East Africa who share a commitment to and passion for promoting social justice and democratic values. The fellowship provides an opportunity to up to 30 outstanding young advocates from East Africa to learn from public interest litigation scholars and researchers, judges of the various courts, and advocacy practitioners, both in class and in court for six (6) months. Since the inauguration of the first training programme in November 2019, CSL has since hosted three cohorts. Altogether out of 562 applicants, 61 fellows have been accepted to the programme thus far. Members are requested to visit the CSL YouTube Channel for further information on their operations.
(a) Call for Applications| Cohort 4:
The application window for the 4th cohort is now open. For more information on how to apply please click HERE
Kindly direct any further queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
– One who is passionate and driven by an unrelenting commitment to human rights and social justice.
– One who is well versed with the human rights and constitutional context in respective countries and the East African region as a whole.
– One who is prepared and willing to identify a social justice problem and develop it into a PIL casework during the programme.
– One who thrives working with teams and under a mentor to guide their professional growth.
– One who is prepared to commit fully to the programme throughout the full term, from 13 February 2023.
– By February 2023, be a recent graduate lawyer admitted to the bar with between one and five years of relevant work experience.
– Be a citizen of any of the East African Community Member states and expected to reside in the region during the term of the fellowship.
All the best.
One Reply to “Call for Applications | Cohort 4 of the East Africa Emerging Public Interest Advocates Programme”
Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a
similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments?
If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any support is
very much appreciated.