The Tanganyika Law Society (TLS), is organizing Young Lawyers Forum that will take place on 04th April, 2019 at the AICC from 1800 hours to 2200 hours (Evening)
This year’s forum theme will be the “THE ROLE OF JUNIOR LAWYERS IN SUSTAINABILITY OF TANGANYIKA LAW SOCIETY”
Presenters for the forum will be:
- Prof. Angelo Mapunda: Prof. Angelo Mapunda is a highly specialized commercial and corporate law. He possesses unassailable skills and knowledge on procedural laws, specifically procedures applicable in the High Court and the Court of Appeal of Tanzania. He, single-handedly conducted a review of the Court of Appeals Rules 1979, culminating into the enactment of the Court of Appeals Rules 2009. He is an expert in strategic litigation and is keen at defensive litigation approach. On substance law, he practices in the areas of banking, commercial entities, international commercial transactions, mining law, investment law, arbitration, structuring international state-investor agreements, and real estates to mention a few. Prof. Mapunda has successfully acted for major UK, US, Australian, USSR, Japanese and Chines corporate clients in his areas of expertise, and he is among the most respected legal minds in Tanzania.
- Dr. Kibuta Ong’wamuhana: Dr. Kibuta Ong’wamuhana is a tax and corporate lawyer who has both academic and practical experience. He specializes in tax dispute resolution, competition law, commercial arbitrations and trademark infringement disputes. The bulk of his work is in tax dispute resolution and is regularly instructed for the most complex tax disputes. Formerly President of the Law Society in Tanzania for two terms, Kibuta also served as Commissioner of Taxation in Papua New Guinea. As an academician Kibuta has taught at Universities in Tanzania, Australia and Papua New Guinea. He has taught a variety of law courses, including taxation, company law, commercial law, mining law and international trade law. He has published two books (Tax Compliance in Tanzania, Lexis 2011, Taxation of Foreign Investments in Developing Countries, Kluwer 1991) and has published over a dozen articles in refereed journals.
- Frank Steven Mwalongo: Advocate Frank Steven Mwalongo is currently the Managing Partner and founder of Apex Attorneys Advocates, where he has been working since 2008. He is Advocate of High Court of Tanzania practicing law for thirteen years, with practical experience in litigation and corporate matters. Frank is a Legal Practitioner with specialty in labor laws, property law, intellectual property, corporate law, media law, tax law and litigations. He holds L.L.B and LL.M Taxation from the University of Dar-es-Salaam and MBA from Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI). Frank has been a great resource to the Law Society in Labour laws and Starting and Managing Law Firms.
- Download ==> Young Lawyers Forum-Program
All Junior lawyers are urged to attend this forum for networking, experience sharing and learning from Senior Advocates in legal practice.
The forum will also attract two (2) CLE points for the knowledge gained.
Fee for the forum will be TZS 30,000/=
How to Register and Make a payment;
Kindly follow the link https://payment.tls.or.tz/
- Click CLE payment;
- Click the button for “registration”;
- Choose the seminar you want to attend;
- Enter Member ID (Enter your ROLL NO.);
- Click “Verify your Membership”;
- Click the button “Confirm details and Pay”
Once confirmed, you shall be availed with Payment Reference number for your selected Seminar. Then, make your payment using either of the following methods:
- VODACOM M-PESA
- Dial *150*00#
- Choose Option 4 — “Pay by M-Pesa”(“Lipa kwa M-Pesa”)
iii. Choose Option 4 — “Enter Business Number” (“Weka namba ya kampuni”)
- Enter Business Number (Weka Namba ya Kampuni) — 888999
- Enter Reference Number (Weka KumbukumbuyaMalipo) – use the availed Payment Reference Number
- Enter your pin (Weka namba yako ya siri)
vii. Confirm payment (Thibitisha malipo)
- Dial *150*01#
- Choose Option 4 — “Pay Bills”(“Lipia Bili”)
iii. Choose Option 3 — “Enter Business Number” (“Ingiza Namba ya Kampuni”)
- Enter Business Number (Ingiza namba ya kampuni) — 888999
- Enter Reference Number (Weka Kumbukumbunamba) – use the availed Payment Reference Number
- Enter Amount (Ingiza kiasi)
vii. Enter pin to confirm (Ingiza namba ya siri kuhakiki)
- AIRTEL MONEY
- Dial *150*60#
- Choose Option 5 — “Pay Bills”(“Lipia Bili”)
iii. Choose Option 4 — “Enter Business Number” (“Ingiza Namba ya Kampuni”)
- Enter Business Number (Namba ya kampuni) — 888999
- Enter Reference Number (Kumbu kumbu ya malipo)- use the availed Payment Reference Number
- Enter Amount (Kiasi)
- Dial *150*88#
- Select 1 send money
iii. Select the channels (Bank)
- Select NMB Bank
- Send to Bank Account (enter control number here) – use the availed Payment Reference Number
- Enter amount
vii. Enter PIN and Confirm payment
PAYMENT VIA NMB BRANCHES
For those who would like to pay via NMB branches, they should fill the normal BILLS PAYMENT slips available in all NMB branches countrywide through NMB account number 20110013927, Account name: Tanganyika Law Society, Branch name: Bank House. Please note that you will be required to provide the Payment Reference Number obtained during online Registration process.
Please find attached program for the forum.
We look forward to receiving you at the forum.