Tanganyika Law Society is a membership organisation that represents Advocates in Mainland Tanzania. TLS was established in 1954 by the Tanganyika Law Society Act CAP 307 R.E. 2002. TLS is composed of registered Advocates whose number stands above 7000 Advocates.
The number of TLS members has been growing exponentially with an average of 500 annually. With such changes in numbers it becomes necessary to regularly update membership information and ensure customers and stakeholders of the legal profession are updated on changing of advocates’ contact information.
Tanganyika Law Society has, therefore, been publishing a Directory containing contacts and addresses of its members since 2008. The updated versions of the Directory were released in 2011 and 2016. TLS is desirous of producing an updated version of the directory for the year 2019.
In so doing, TLS intends to avail the services from Professionals/ Agencies/ firms/ individual consultants to solicit advertisements that will feature in the 2019 TLS directory of Advocates.
Terms of Engagement:
- Since the Publication is a self-sustaining venture, the consultant will be responsible to generate maximum advertisement revenue to offset the activity. The Consultant will be required to indicate the revenue to be raised from the sale of advertising space based on the rates specified by TLS;
- TLS will pay commission to the consultant on the basis of actual realization of full payment for advertisement procured by the consultant/firm;
- TLS will decide on the tariff/rate for different size, specification and position of advertisements in the directory;
- Payment in advance for all advertisements procured by the consultant should be drawn in favour of Tanganyika Law Society by way of cheques or online transfer with proof of payment. The Consultant will not be allowed to accept any cash payment on behalf of TLS;
- The Consultant at his/her own costs and resource may pursue clients in Tanzania and abroad to buy advertisement space within the directory
- The consultant will devise the marketing strategy in consultation with TLS;
- A letter of authorisation will be issued to the appointed consultant/firm and shall be valid till the time of release, collection of payments and settlement of commission pertaining to the above mentioned publication;
- All publishing rights of the Directory such as contents, editorial, marketing etc shall be vested with the TLS;
- The selected consultant shall be responsible for the collection of minimum guaranteed revenue towards advertisement; and
- All the expenses incurred in procuring advertisements such as travelling, printing of advertisement tariff, sample of the previous version of the directory etc shall be borne by the consultant.
The appointed Consultant shall be given a specified time frame but not exceeding four months to book as many number of advertisements as possible for the publication with a possible deadline of February 15th 2019.
Technical and Financial Documents to be submitted:
The Consultant shall submit a technical proposal detailing, among others, the previous experience in similar assignments preferably not less than five years in ads sales and marketing; and a financial proposal detailing rate for collection of advertisement, value of the advertisement expected and value of the minimum amount of advertisement proposed by the consultant.
The application should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Tanganyika Law Society
P.O. Box 2148,
Dar es Salaam,
kindly download the attached Call for Expression of Interest (EoI)