A Society Where Justice is Upheld.
To promote and protect access to justice, Good Governance and Rule of Law for all with sustained professional standards.
TLS is guided by four core values. These values are the essential and enduring tenets of the Bar. They guide how the Bar relates and operates. Members, the governing council and the secretariat must recognize and adhere to these values. The values in the context of TLS mean:
- Professionalism: The entire business of TLS shall be guided by the highest standards of international best practices and ethics, with its staff and members ensuring impartiality and a fair balance of competing interests, upholding ethical approaches to their business in public and private. A TLS member/staff will be seeking all the time to promote the common good in society, that is guided by integrity and must at all times maintain the highest standards of honesty, rightfulness and incorruptibility in the conduct of their professional and personal business. In pursuit of professionalism a TLS member/staff shall exercise solidarity with each other on all official and private matters of the profession. Members shall constantly pursue a shared professional understanding of issues in society, voluntarily provide peer support to each other and ethically stand up for each other on matters affecting the profession. All professionals and staff shall uphold professional confidentiality.
- Transparency –TLS will be open and accountable with the professional provisions, and in relating with other partners and stakeholders.
- Voluntarism –Members and staff will volunteer in serving the indigent of our society in the true spirit of Pro Bono.
- Equity – while members and staff shall strive to seek justice for all equally, it is without prejudice that members shall serve all without discriminating in terms of race, colour, gender, age, nationality, cultural bias and religion. TLS members and staff shall respect diversity and appreciate the good in diversity.
- Professional Solidarity– All members of TLS and Staff shall exercise solidarity with each other on all official matters of the profession. Members shall constantly pursue a shared professional understanding of issues in society, voluntarily provide peer support to each other and ethically stand up for each other on matters affecting the profession.